As an Opinary Data Engineer you’ll become part of a team whose technology intuitively visualizes complex debates, making polling interactive for over 50 million monthly users. Our publisher partners are global leading media platforms like Bild, Spiegel Online, Guardian US, “The Times”, Huffington Post and many more.
- Work closely with our BI Team to gain a deep understanding of our business model and work on our Data Warehousing infrastructure.
- Implement and use the existing data pipelines and infrastructure that drive our internal reporting systems as well as feed back into our production and machine learning systems.
- Integrate data from various systems into flexible and consistent representations. You will make sure that all people and IT systems in the organization have an easy access to the data through various front-ends and interfaces
- Advance our software architecture and toolset to growing challenges and data amounts (performance, scaling, data quality)
- Understand and communicate effectively with internal business customers, partners, and stakeholders
- Have a quantitative background (B.Sc./M.Sc. in e.g. Math, Computer Science) and the data driven mindset and rigour that goes with this. And at least 4 years experience working with data heavy platforms.
- Writing SQL and using the included advanced analytical functions come second nature to you
- Working with a modern platform that ingests up to 10000 events per second combining technologies like Pub/Sub, BigQuery and BigTable (yes, that’s the Google Cloud) excites you
- You are fluent writing Python and at least one other programming language (JVM preferred) and know your way around the best practices of computer science e.g. OOP, Web Technologies, RPC/REST, Unix
- Previous experience in working with ETL processes and data warehousing technologies is a big plus (e.g. Spark, Storm, Dataflow, Airflow, Luigi)
- You’re proactive and curious: always eager to learn new things and happy to share your knowledge with others
- Your technical chops will impact today’s debates and help understand and analyse relevant questions, trends within our global publisher network.
- We have a diverse and open culture with different professional and personal backgrounds
- Our small and agile team provides the space to directly influence and impact our product positively.
- We value personal growth and continuous learning: you’ll receive a learning budget to support this
- We provide a flexible working environment – choose your working hours and holidays
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org