As an Opinary Business Intelligence Working Student you will become part of a team whose technology intuitively visualizes complex debates, making the news interactive for over 50 million monthly users. You will generate deeper insight into our constant stream of opinion data, collected from deep integrations on global leading media platforms like Spiegel Online, Huffington Post, Handelsblatt, Focus and many more.
- Create reports for our publisher and brand partners, to help them better understand trending polls.
- Pull and clean data using Python, R and SQL for a variety of internal stakeholders
- Interact with a modern high performance data infrastructure
- Find and search for yet undiscovered patterns in our endless stream of data.
- You’re currently studying or recently graduated from a field with a quantitative focus.
- You have the ability to prepare and visualize information, that it is understandable by different stakeholder groups.
- You enjoy coding and are comfortable in writing Python and/or R, have strong SQL skills so you can squeeze out data out of big warehouses.
- Comfortable using tools to visualize data e.g. ggplot, matplotlib
- You have a curious and inquisitive mindset that has a keen interest in the news media and would enjoy being at the center of where public opinions happens.
- This is a position for a working student
- Time commitment: 20 hours/week; 40 hours/week during school breaks
- Duration: 1-2 semesters
Working at Opinary
You will join a fast-growing team with a deep passion for creating a meaningful exchange of opinions online. What danger does Trump really pose? Penny stock or big winner? Who’s your man of the match? We let the users run the debate with just one simple tap.
Our efforts have won us both a LEAD Award and a Grimme Online Award. Ideally, you will be spending time with us in our beautiful office in Berlin Mitte, but remote collaboration is possible depending on your academic commitments. Interested?
Get in touch with Sara: Sara.firstname.lastname@example.org